A project manager adds enterprise resources to the project team using the Build Team dialog in Project Server, and then assigns these enterprise resources to one or more tasks in the project. The project manager saves and publishes the project, but the project team members cannot see the tasks assigned to them in PWA. In Project Server 2007, team members cannot see their tasks in the My Timesheet page or the My Tasks page. In Project Server 2010, team members cannot see their tasks in the Timesheet page or tasks page.
There are several possible causes for this problem:
- The Booking type for each team member is set to Proposed in the Build Team dialog.
- The team member is not specified as the Assignment Owner of the tasks to which he/she is assigned in the enterprise project.
- The team member is not specified as the Default Assignment Owner in the Resource Center page of PWA.
To resolve the Booking type problem, the project manager should complete the following steps in the enterprise project:
1. On the Resource ribbon, click Add Resources > Build Team from Enterprise.
2. In the Build Team dialog, set the Booking value to Committed for every enterprise resource.
3. Click the OK button.
4. Click File > Save and then click File > Publish.
To resolve the Assignment Owner problem, project manager should complete the following steps in the enterprise project:
1. On the View ribbon, click the Resource Usage button to display the Resource Usage view.
2. Right-click on the first column to the right of the Resource Name column and then select the Insert Column item on the shortcut menu.
3. Select the Assignment Owner field and then widen the column as needed.
4. For each enterprise resource, confirm that the resource's name is specified in the Assignment Owner field for every task to which the resource is assigned (if not, then change the Assignment Owner value to the resource's name for every task to which he/she is assigned).
5. Right-click on the Assignment Owner column and select the Hide Column item on the shortcut menu.
6. Click File > Save and then click File > Publish.
To resolve the Default Assignment Owner problem, the Project Server administrator must perform the following steps:
1. Log into PWA with administrator permissions.
2. Navigate to the Resource Center page.
3. Select the checkboxes for the names of the resources that cannot see their tasks in the Timesheet page and Tasks page in PWA.
4. Click the Edit Resource button.
5. For each resource, confirm that the resource's name is specified in the Default Assignment Owner field (if not, click the Browse button and select the resource's name).
6. Click the Save and Continue button until you have edited the Default Assignment Owner field for every selected resource.